Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ruby a Go Go


“First I was afraid, I was petrified. Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side”. And then I discovered that the world had suddenly shifted and it was cool to be, dare I say - a hoarder.

If only I had looked up the definition of the word “hoard” before, I would have saved myself from years of therapy:

“A hidden fund or supply stored for future use; a cache”.

Visions of pirate ships and 60s uber cool secret agents came to mind. A cache eh? Well I’ll be darned! Now I was sure that it would be safe to share my family penchant for keeping all that is weird and wonderful from this world.


There was also a revolution at hand that gave me greater hope. Reduce, re-use and recycle - what joy, what rapture unforeseen! I was not alone in this kooky old world, in fact, I may even be 'en vogue'!


Now I find myself in a haven, surrounded by like minded crafters who love their collections, covet their caches like the crafty pirate queens that we all are. They have introduced me to a new therapy in the wonderful world of planet ‘blog’, a place where you can actually share all your collected treasures - big sigh!


So thanks Brisstylettes, I will be your little grasshopper as I take ruby red studios on its next adventure. Here are some pics that are all part of my new range soon to be launched in my etsy shop - enjoy.

x helen from rubyredstudios

3 comments:

Ali said...

great article Helen - I love the fact that I too can be a 'crafty pirate queen'!! arrrghh!
great new things too - you've been busy! ;)
Ali

Hot Fudge said...

Well done, Pirate Queen! I can't wait to see your new goodies up in your shop.

Robyn

Bec said...

Yes I agree - I love the idea of being a 'crafty pirate queen'!!! Great post too. I love the way you write, and your treasures are gorgeous - perfect for us pirates :)