Monday, June 28, 2010

a little original at BiECO

If you're looking for some sweet eco-friendly threads for your little ones swing by the BrisStyle Indie Eco Market. Vanessa from a little original has got you covered with gorgeous clothing, toys and accessories.


"Just about everything at my stall will be close to 100% recycled - kids clothing, toys, kids accessories. I make kids clothes out of upcycled vintage fabrics as well as repurposed adult clothes, and add details like lace, doilies and buttons that are all recycled as well. Usually with my clothes, the only things that are new are the thread and elastic, with toys it's just the thread and stuffing and with accessories like crayon rolls and art totes it's the thread and velcro!"


"At the moment I'm at home parenting our children while they are young but I'm also an ecologist (environmental scientist) so using existing resources is very important to me. I like to think that as a family we tread gently on the earth by recycling as much as possible, and I think this really translates into my craft. I think my stall will look very boheme on market day with all my recycled goods, and being my first BrisStyle market, I hope it goes ok, but I'm so excited and really can't wait!"


And we can't wait to check out your fab stall Vanessa! A little original will be at the BrisStyle Indie Eco Market on Saturday 10 July, 9am-2pm at St Augustine's Church Hall and Grounds, Racecourse Road, Hamilton. BiECO is proudly supported by Peppermint magazine.

4 comments:

alipink said...

Fabulous fabrics Vanessa! And very cute designs. Look forward to seeing them in person on 10th July.

bubbachenille said...

I look forward to seeing them too !

Vanessa -a little original- said...

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it!

Helen said...

Ooh can't wait to see your stall Vanessa as it sounds awesome! Bring on the BirsStyle Indie Eco Market xh