Wednesday, October 10, 2012

{FEATURED DESIGNER} Sybella

Belinda of Sybella is one of those unpredictable designers.  She has such a great range of products that you feel so torn when deciding what to purchase; "Should I buy the beautiful fabric clutch?  Or maybe the stunning new carpet bags...?" *ponder*  It's always a tough call and I'm sure you can all see why.  Belinda creates the most fantastic range of clutches, handbags and purses.  Each with their own unique flair, these accessories have been lovingly sewn, stitched and glued by Belinda.  As someone who can't really sew, I am in awe of the level of detail and care that can be found in her work.  Do you have a cup of tea ready?  Yes?  Well, sit back and take 5 minutes to read about the delightful Sybella and how it came to be...

<3 Amanda 


How would you describe your work?
My work is fairly eclectic. I have my staple range of clutches but the fabric choices and themes are always changing. At any given time my range will include floral, kawaii, zebras and fun. I have a particular soft spot for Japanese linens. You could say I suffer from crafting ADD, I have a short attention span. All my work is produced in limited runs so I don’t get bored! It is also my way of keeping things fresh.


How did your Etsy shop come into being?
After making goodies for friends and family I decided (with a bit of a shove) to take the plunge and inflict my goodies on a wider public. Etsy is a fantastic platform to gain exposure.

Who or What inspires you?
I am inspired by colour and texture. I love the era of the 1930’s. I lose hours trawling through my favorite fabric shops. Japanese linens make me weak at the knees !


Do you ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’ as part of your creative process?  If yes, how is your art / craft eco-friendly?
I use some vintage fabrics in my work . 

Can you describe your studio / work area? 
Organised chaos! I promise I know where most things are!  We had a room built under our house as a children’s playroom /retreat. I started with a corner of this space and I have slowly staked my claim on the rest. My children are now relegated to the backyard – but at least I have somewhere to sew and create. *insert evil laugh*


What is your favorite thing in the shop at the moment?
My fav thing in my etsy store is this:  Hello Sailor Clutch Purse
My fav thing on my facebook page is this: Zebra Orange and Sky Blue Fabric 

Do you have any other places that people can view/purchase your work? 
Instagram: @sybella_

1 comment:

Enviro bags said...

Those are nice zebra orange purse.